Sunday, June 16, 2013

Give Us This Day

I thought I had finished this piece 2 or 3 years ago. I had entered it into a show, but it was rejected. It's been hanging on the wall in my studio ever since, mocking me.
I had just finished another piece (Corny), and I had all my collage materials spread out in front of me, so I started adding to it. I'm  much more happy with it now!
And thanks to my good friend Lauren, it has a great title! I've already entered it in the show show where it was rejected before. I'm figuring there will be a different juror, so we'll see what happens!

Here it is now:

And how it was before:



The Aftermath!




8 comments:

  1. I hope you win. Both are nice pieces but the second is certainly more vibrant and eye catching. I love art with wheat in it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w Lorraine, the first time it was nice, now it's dynamic and exciting! Excellent work! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Robin for you kind comments!

      Delete
  3. The revised version is definitely more exciting. A whole different feel about it, Patty. Best of luck with the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie! I'm much more pleased with it now. I hope to hear soon if it has been accepted!

      Delete
  4. Well done. All the best, I like the title too, think it's appropriate.

    ReplyDelete