Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Peeling!




I'm trying to do at least one painting a week, or at least use some kind of art material even if I don't complete anything. I just feel out of touch if I don't paint something!


Today I finished this little acrylic still life. I'm still learning the ins and outs of acrylic painting, and since I started out with watercolours, I'm having a hard time not using them the same way! I have to keep reminding myself that I can paint light over dark! I'm sure I'll catch on eventually.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Patty!
    This looks great! I think you'll find your watercolor experience and abilities will serve you really well with acrylic. For yucks... try painting on black paper, or a colored ground.. you'll see how much fun it is going the opposite way.. (from dark to light) You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren! I need all the help I can get! Those sound like great ideas, and I'll be sure to try them out!

    ReplyDelete